Monday, August 10, 2009

Nicaragua 2009


Hola! I am back from Nicaragua. I was down there for 7 days on a mission trip with my church, and for the next few days I would like to break from the normal and talk a little about the trip. It is a way for me to process and share a little of what I experienced and learned while serving and caring for the people of Nicaragua.

I attend New Life Community Church and we went down to Nicaragua to assist Carried on Eagles Wings ministry. What we saw and did there changed my life. Nicaragua is a wonderful country full of people who are hungry for the Word of God. I would first like to thank those who supported me in prayer and financially, your support was beyond what I could have wished for and way beyond what I deserved, I thank you. Secondly, I would like to invite each one of you to travel on missions either here in the States or abroad...God will change your life through the mission, I promise you.

The following is an outline of our schedule while we were in Nicaragua:

Saturday, August 1
- Feeding Program
- Woman's Conference

Sunday, August 2
- Church Service at a la Rosa de Saron Iglesia
- Lunch with the Pastor
- Church Service at Villa Austria Estrella de Belen

Monday, August 3
- Salinas Grandes Feeding Program
- Youth Church Service at a la Rosa de Saron

Tuesday, August 4
- Visit the Hospital in Leon
- Feeding Program
- Visit a local high school, Modesto Armijo

Wednesday, August 5
- Visit the City Dump in Managua (la Chureca)
- Visit Masaya

Thursday, August 6
- Feeding Program at la Union
- Feeding Program at Quezaluaque


It was a life changing experience. Our lives have a story to tell and life changing experiences are part of "Our Story". There are experiences we love and those we don't. I want to mature and strengthen through the difficult times and celebrate and delight in the pleasing ones.

I will blog more specifically about my experience in the upcoming days, but the conclusion that I have come to is my heart is with the people of Nicaragua and I want to go back. I want to go back as often as finances and vacation will let me, I am praying that God will provide. If you would like to pray for me, please pray that God will provide the time off from work and the finances to allow me to continue.

Thank you so much, Dios te Bendiga.
-Chris

1 comment:

Linda said...

I've sent this to my prayer partners so they can see the pictures also. We're so blessed that you're our son in law!
Love, "Moppy"