Monday, July 27, 2009

Wolf Rocks to US 60: Mile 806.3 to 795.2

I am not sure, but I think those are the Wolf Rocks to the left

It rained so much last night, we got up this morning during a small break and packed up our soggy camp, ate breakfast as quickly as possible, threw on our rain gear, and headed down the trail. I had another furry visitor in my shoes last night, it chewed through my sock.

The hike was cold and wet. We passed several areas that probably had great views during a clear day, but we had so much rain and fog we could barely see 20 feet.


A couple that I would love to go back and visit on a better day are Cole (Cold) Mountain and Bald Knob. Sorry I do not have any pictures of these two, the only pictures I took all day were of our campsite at Wolf Rocks. Also, Hog Camp Gap appeared to be an outstanding area for camping.

Passed several more hikers bringing our total for the trip to something like 29 or 30, many of those we saw were thru hikers heading towards Katahdin.

We made it out about 1130, so we packed up, changed, and headed into town for lunch. One more trip down and we cannot wait until our next one...possibly mid to late August.

For me it is almost time to head to Nicaragua on a short term missions trip.

No comments: