Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hiking with Kallie

What is it about a dog that makes her man's best friend? Why is it that a dog is such a wonderful and often healing companion? I am not quite sure, but I do know that my Chocolate Lab (Kallie) is that companion for me. To date, Kallie has not been hiking with us, but I sense that she really, really wants to go. I am not sure if it is because she wants to be with me or she senses there are a whole lot of sticks out on the trail that need chewing (in case you do not know Kallie, she always has a stick). The other day I received a package in the mail that will help Kallie realize her dream.

Actually this is our Pekingese Wicket, who has delusions of grandeur, he thinks that he is a big dog. Meghann thought it would be funny to send me this picture instead of a good one featuring Kallie with the pack. Pictures of Kallie with the pack to follow, and I will definitely give you all a detailed report when we return from our first trip, good.....or bad.

Croc

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wicket really wants to go camping!
Love, Moppy