Friday, October 2, 2009

Life

Wow, this season in my life has been incredible....I truly have more fun with each passing year than the year before. Not that there are no ups and downs, but the total sum of my life is always increasing -- day by day, hour by hour.

This year alone (just to state a few) we found out we were going to have baby #3, I went on an amazing journey to Nicaragua (shameless plug for reading more of my blog inserted here), we found out the baby we were having is a boy (our first boy), my daughters amaze and astound me in so many new ways each day, I fall in love with my wife so much deeper every day, I have been able to do two really good hikes with Straight Leg (and hopefully 1 - 2 more this year), went to an awesome U2 concert with wonderful friends, and daily become more and more thankful for our wonderful church. I also recently found out that my sister-in-law, who has battled cancer for the past few years, not only can see the light at the end of the tunnel....but is about to drive out into the daylight. Visit her blog to read more of her story (http://mjwaters.blogspot.com/).

There is so much more, these are just a few, but I am just thankful for the awesome and wonderful life I have been given. I have had years where the darkness did not seem to end, and I know full well that there are trials and troubles ahead of me, but I know that like Molly Jeremiah 29:11 is always true even if we cannot visually see where it is all leading.

Croc

2 comments:

Meghann said...

I fall in love with you more every day, too. :)

Linda said...

I'm so blessed by my you being in our lives. I'm always amazed to see you with your girls-- the best dad I've ever seen. Your love for Meghann is wonderful to watch. We are so blessed by you!
Love, Linda and Matt