Thursday, October 22, 2009

Talking a Good Game

Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world. James 1:26-27

I need to apologize, I need to say I am sorry to God, to his Son, to my fellow believers for not always walking the way I should, for not always loving the way I should, for not always showing compassion the way I should. I need to apologize to the world for not reflecting the compassion, the love, the truth of Jesus in everything that I have done. There have been many times in my life where I have "talked a good game", where my words spoke much louder than my actions.

I hope that has changed, I want less talk and more game....I want to walk as Jesus walked. Jesus said in John that he is the way and the truth and the life, my prayer for myself is that I can walk in His way, live in His truth, and have His abundant life in me. If you are a believer, my prayer for you is that you walk in His way....and if you are not a believer, that you find His truth and discover His love.

Croc

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thank you for writing this-- it's something we all need to hear and reflect on.
Love, "Moppy"